What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or application. A “session cookie” stores temporary information that is deleted when you close your web browser or turn off your computer or device. A “persistent cookie” enables the site to recognize when you return to it and remains stored on your computer until you delete it. Cookies work to make your experience browsing our site as smooth as possible by remembering your preferences the next time you visit the site.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four variety of cookies which operate on our website:
- Essential cookies allow you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. For example, these cookies allow you to change your preferred language and enable the website to remember it. Without these cookies, some parts of our site may not work as they should.
- Performance cookies tell us how you use our site and help us to improve it. For example, these cookies count the number of visitors to our website and see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
- Google Analytics are performance cookies used to track visits to our website and user behaviour on site. The data collected is anonymous and is used for benchmarking purposes to monitor the performance of our site and to measure user engagement on our site.
- Customizer cookies allow our site to remember your preferences, helping to customize your experience on our site.
- Our customizer cookie, which helps us to manage the technology and cookies which are used across our site.
- Targeting/advertising cookies are set by third party advertising partners through our digital touchpoints to build profiles based on your interests. These cookies enable us to send you relevant content and advertising based on your preferences and track the effectiveness of our ad campaigns.
- Below are several advertising and targeting cookies that are used to identify different browsers and devices. They collect data anonymously for the purposes of ad selection, reporting, behavioural targeting, and cross-device advertising (i.e. associating multiple devices together). In some instances, we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such proposes. More information can be found at the following links.
How do you change cookie preferences or block cookies?
Within your browser, you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use i.e. third party cookies, or those from specific websites. Each browser’s website should contain instructions on how you can do this.
For further information, please click here.
If you block cookies on our website, you may be unable to access certain areas of our website and certain functions and pages will not work in the usual way.
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes we will let you know but please regularly check this Policy to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.
Need help with your Optosys software? View our online training videos or contact our support team.
Learn more!Contact Us